Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

I want to take Indian cinema to global arena: Kamal Haasan

Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan talks about the Padma Bhushan award, Indian cinema, autobiographies and ‘Vishwaroopam 2′.


I want to take Indian cinema to global arena Kamal Haasan


Kamal Haasan, who has been named for a Padma Bhushan, says it is a “good fortune” that he has been chosen for India’s third highest civilian honour, but the artiste in him will only be satisfied when he takes Indian cinema to the international arena.


“I think it’s by sheer chance and my good fortune that I have been chosen for the award. But as an artist, awards don’t bring me satisfaction and happiness. I want to take our cinema to the international arena. We have achieved that feat in other fields, but commercial success is not everything,” Kamal told us at his residence.



I want to take Indian cinema to global arena: Kamal Haasan

No comments:

Post a Comment