Pages

Thursday 27 March 2014

'Captain America' star Chris Evans ready to quit acting to direct

Chris Evans plans to retire from acting after his six films deal is over with Marvel to focus on directing.


The actor, who suits up again for ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier‘, first starred as the shielded superhero in 2010, has so far completed three films including ‘The Avengers‘.


'Captain America' star Chris Evans ready to quit acting to direct


He will begin shooting for the second part of mega-buck franchise again after the release of ‘Winter Soldier.


The 32-year-old actor made his directorial debut with a low-budget, intimate love story titled ’1:30 Train’ and in an interview to Variety magazine, Evans revealed a desire to follow direction seriously.


“I’ve known for a while I wanted to direct. But (time) never really opens up. There’s another movie to do, there’s another acting job. It just got to a point where I was like, you know what – I have to do this,” Evans said.


“If I’m acting at all, it’s going to be under Marvel contract, or I’m going to be directing. I can’t see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I’m contractually obligated to do,” he said.


Source: MSN



'Captain America' star Chris Evans ready to quit acting to direct

No comments:

Post a Comment