Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

Jagapathi Babu keen on mature roles in second innings

Jagapathi Babu, who turned 52 Wednesday, says he is ready to take up mature roles and “strong” characters as well supporting parts in his second innings in the film industry.


Jagapathi Babu keen on mature roles in second innings


Jagapathi, who has played a successful romantic hero on the big screen for nearly two decades, will be seen in the role of an antagonist for the first time in upcoming Telugu political drama ‘Legend’.


“Let’s admit it that I’m getting older. I can’t expect hero roles to come by anymore. Therefore, I’ve decided to take up strong characters as well as supporting roles. I’m interested to play mature roles, even if it means playing negative characters,” Jagapathi told us.


“I agreed to play a negative character in ‘Legend’ because it’s an important character. It’s not one of the usual villain types of roles because it has a purpose. I feel I’ve begun my second innings in the industry and I hope audience will continue to love me like they did all these years,” he added.


Going forward, he says he wants to work for his family.


“All these years I worked hard and hardly retained whatever I earned. From now on I want to work hard and earn for my family, my wife and daughter. I’m planning to take them on a holiday that is long due. I think they deserve it more than me,” he said.


Source: MSN



Jagapathi Babu keen on mature roles in second innings

No comments:

Post a Comment